This article provides a summary of the available Tax, Shipping and Payment Methods and links to relevant articles for additional detail.
Sales Tax Options
- Custom Sales Tax - This option allows you to define the taxes that will be charged, based on the shipping address's country, state or zip code. There are no additional fees to use this option. Click here for an article on Custom Sales Tax.
- Zip Code Sales Tax - When using this feature, taxes will be pulled from a zip code tax database that our team maintains. You can turn on/off the states that are taxed, depending on your requirements. This database is updated by our team annually. Click here for an article on the Zip Code Database. Click here for information on additional fees.
- Integrated Sales Tax (Advanced Stores Only) - We offer sales tax integrations with supported providers. This integration allows for the most up-to-date tax rates. In order to use this service, you will need to have an account with one of these providers and then enter your account information into the "Taxes" area of the Bright Sites Admin area. Click here for an article on Avalara, an integrated sales tax provider. Click here for information on additional fees.
Shipping Method Options
BrightSites offers custom and integrated shipping options. Below is a summary of each option. These can be used together if needed.
- Custom Shipping Method - This option allows you to define a flat shipping rate for the order based on the order total or order weight. Click here for an article on setting up Custom Shipping Rates.
- Integrated Shipping Methods (Advanced Stores Only) - This option integrates with UPS, FedEx and/or USPS to provide rate estimates. When using this method, a shipping weight and dimensions will need to be entered for each product. When the shopper places an order, the weight and dimensions of the order along with the shipping address are sent to the shipper, which returns the methods and rates available for that order. Click here for articles on UPS, FedEx or USPS. Click here for information on additional fees.
Payment Method Options
BrightSites offers three different payment methods, which are Custom Payment, Credit Card Payment and ACH. Below is a summary of each option.
- Custom Payment Method - This option allows you to determine the input for the payment type, such as PO Number, Employee ID or even “No Payment Required”. Click here for more information on setting up a Custom Payment Method.
- Credit Card Gateway - This option allows you to configure the store to take credit card payment. The payment gateways we support are Authorize.net, Stripe, Square and Paypal Payments Pro. Click here for articles on setting up these payment gateways.
- ACH - This option allows you to offer Automated Clearing House, such as payment pulled directly from a checking account. We support Authorize.net as an ACH processor.