This article will discuss setting a Time zone for storefront users or your admin account. This will then reflect time stamps (within the store admin area for admins and storefront for shoppers) in the location that you set.
The ability to set the Time Zone on the storefront requires a template/theme update. If your store was created before 07/14/2021, please fill out this form to request a template update or you will need to install a new theme to use.
- Setting Time zone for Admin
- Setting Time zone for User
- Storefront Setting
- Setting Time zone for Multiple Users
- Related Articles
Setting Time zone for Admin
To set the Time zone for your admin account:
- Login to the admin area using the URL you normally use.
- After logging in, click the user icon at the top right, then click Profile (if you are an organization admin UNDER a store, you will not see the Profile option and you would need to go back into controller.mybrightsites.com to see this).
- Set the Time Zone for your account by choosing an option in the list.
- Click Save when finished.
Now with the Time Zone set for your admin account, notes (for Orders and Users) will be in the Time Zone you selected.
Your Time zone will also be respected when viewing the order's time stamp AND when viewing Order Logs.
Setting Time zone for User
To manually set a user's Time Zone as an admin:
- After going into the store's admin area, click Users & Groups, then click Users.
- Next, click edit (pencil icon) for a specific account.
- Scroll down and you'll see a list of Time Zones. Select Time Zone in the list for the user's account.
- Click Save when finished.
Now when the shopper places an order, the timestamps on the order confirmation email will reflect based on the Time Zone you set for their account. Otherwise, when a shopper registers on the storefront, their browser's time zone will be used to set the time zone for their account automatically.
If you need to do this en masse for multiple new accounts (or updating multiple existing accounts), please see the section labelled Setting Time zone for Multiple Users.
With an updated theme (or new store created on or after 07/14/2021), a shopper can set their own Time zone on the storefront. To do this:
- The shopper would first login to the store's URL.
- Once logged in, they would click their name in the top navigation (this may be the top-right or top-left depending on the template/theme you have installed and published).
- Then the shopper will click Account Settings.
- Finally, they'll select their Time zone from the list.
- Click Save Changes when finished.
Setting Time zone for Multiple Users
You can find information below on the relevant tutorials to set Time zone while uploading a list of users, or when updating them via spreadsheet.
- Time zone formats for uploading users can be found here.
- Keep in mind, you will need a template/theme update in order to have shopper's set their own Time zone on the storefront.
- EXISTING users will default to "America/Denver" (Mountain Time) and will not be impacted
- NEW users that self-register will have their Time zone set based on their computer's Time zone.
- NEW users created by admin users can have the Time zone set manually, but will default to "America/Denver" (Mountain Time) if nothing is set.