This tutorial will provide tips and common email troubleshooting tips if you or your client are not receiving Order Confirmation emails for orders placed in your company store in the Co-Store/Legacy platform & Bright Sites. This also applies to sending shipping email confirmations and welcome emails through the company store manager.
Where to start:
- Check spam filter - depending on your e-mail provider, you may have both a local spam folder and a secondary online spam filter.
- Verify the email address the message is going to is accurate (i.e: user email & admin BCC emails).
If you’re working in the Co-Store/Legacy platform or Bright Sites:
- Have your e-mail server administrator whitelist 220.127.116.11.
- Change the From Email on your store to email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org for the Co-Store/Legacy platform). Many e-mail servers will block an e-mail if the From Address on an email is not the same as the server the e-mail is sent from (for example, if your From Address is email@example.com, this may be an issue as the e-mail is actually sent from our server, which is mybrightsites.com for Bright Sites and co-store.com for the Co-Store/Legacy platform). If you are required to have a specific From address, you’ll need to see step 3.
- Setup an SPF record for the domain name in the FROM email address as described here
(you would use
ipv4:18.104.22.168in your SPF record).
- If using the MOAS feature verify that the MOAS email address that the orders are being sent to is correct. For this step there are multiple locations that the MOAS email may be setup under in the store. If you're finding orders are being automatically denied via MOAS, please see below.
Orders are Approved/Denied Automatically via MOAS:
We recommend working with your client's IT team as some companies will utilize Email Security Software which scans and clicks links in emails. One way of determining if this is the cause is having your client place a test order and wait for them to receive the email and advise they make no action on it. If the order is automatically approved or denied without any action from your client, it's likely a setting within their Email Security Software that would be causing links to be automatically clicked.