UPS INTEGRATED SHIPPING
The UPS Integration is a very large and complex piece that allows store integration with UPS. With the UPS Integration, shipping rates are calculated by UPS based on shipping origin, ship to zip code,package dimensions and weight.
1. First you will want to turn the UPS Integration feature on. Click on the Edit tab in your Company Store Manager. Make sure shipping is turned on. If it is not, check the box next to shipping to turn it on. Check the box next to UPS integration (located under the Ala Cart section) to enable the feature. Be sure to click save at the bottom of the page.
2. Then, you will want to create a UPS Shipping Category at the Distributor level, which later on you will assign to each product in the store. Before clicking into the store, click on the Shipping Categories tab. Click New to create a new shipping category. Name the category UPS, or whatever you wish. Enter in a description also. This name and description is for you, it will not show up in the storefront. Click save.
3. Now you can add the shipping methods that you wish to be available for the store. Click New, select a shipping method you wish to offer, (it HAS to begin with UPS), enter in the min as 1 and the max as 999999, enter in 0 for price per item and base handling fee ($0 is entered because the rates will be pulled from UPS) and click Save.
4. Repeat step 3 for each shipping method you wish to make available in the store.
5. Next, click into the Store and click on the Ship tab. Enter in the Shipping Origin Address in the text fields. This is the return address for all packages shipped by this store. Click Save when you are finished. Do not enter an address in the Exclusive Shipping Address unless you only want to allow that shipping address for the store.
6. Now you will enter in the dimensions of the shipping boxes of which products are placed in. Click on the UPS tab. Enter in the length, width, and height for the smallest, next largest, and largest box you will use. Check the box next to Activate Box for those boxes you wish to activate. Be sure to click save at the bottom of the page when you are finished.
7. Once you have the Shipping Categories created, you will need to assign each product with the new Shipping Category. Click on the Products tab at the store level. Click search. Click into a product. The edit page will display. On this page, next to Shipping Category, select the new Shipping Category that you just created from the drop-down menu. Click save at the bottom of the page.
8. Now you will need to assign dimensions and weight to the product. Click on the Sizing/Pricing tab. You will now see Length, Width, Height, and Weight fields. Enter in the dimensions and weight for this product. Accuracy is important because the UPS rates that are pulled are based on what is entered here in this section for each product as well as shipping origin and ship to zip code. Be sure to click Save when you are finished.
Repeat step 7 and 8 for all the Products in the store.