This tutorial will go over how to set up custom user fields in your store. This feature allows you to create custom fields like “Department” or “Employee ID” and have the user enter that information when they’re registering or have it as fields available in the store admin area.
- Activate the Custom User Fields Feature
- Add a New Custom User Field
- Configure the New Field
- Admin Dashboard User Account Example
- Custom User Fields on the User Upload Template
- Custom User Fields on the Custom Report Builder
- Related Articles
Activate the Custom User Fields Feature
You may need to first activate this feature.
- Access the Features section.
- Verify you are on the Features page.
- For the Custom User Fields option, toggle the Active button to on. Click Close or Set Up Now to continue.
Add a New Custom User Field
Follow these steps to add a new Custom User field.
- Navigate to the Users & Groups section
- Click into the Custom User Fields page
- Click the New Data Field button.
- Enter new name into the Field Name* area
- Click Create to add the new field
Configure the New Field
After you have saved your changes you can turn on/off the sliders for this new user field. Below is a breakdown of what each slider does.
- Show on Registration - Enabling this will make the field visible on the user registration pages (see example below).
- Show on Account - Enabling this will make the fields visible for the user when they go to their account settings on the storefront (see example below).
- Required - Makes the field required to be filled out.
- Active - Activates or deactivates the field itself (includes admin level).
- Actions - Click the trash can icon to delete this field.
Show on Registration (example)
Show on Account (example)
Admin Dashboard User Account Example
Now when create a new user on the admin side, these fields will be included for you to fill out for that user.
Custom User Fields on the User Upload Template
When using the user upload template, these fields will also be available for you to enter in on the .csv file.
Custom User Fields on the Custom Report Builder
These fields can also be added to the Custom Report (available under Reports). These fields appear under the Order Fields section.