This Bright Sites tutorial will show you how to enable and set your store up to utilize the Budget feature.
Budgets allow users and groups to be assigned budgets to use for increased spending control. The Budgets feature in Bright Sites is NOT a method of payment for checkout.
- Activate the Budget Feature
- Add a New Budget
- Make a Budget Adjustment
- Assign Users and/or Groups to a Budget
- Check Budget Logs
- Export Budget Logs
- Budget Example on Storefront
- Budget Credit Card Support
- Related Articles
Activate the Budget Feature
- Access the Features section.
- Click into the Add-ons page.
- For the Budget option, toggle the Active button to on. Click Approve if you agree to an additional monthly support fee. Click Close or Set Up Now to continue.
IF YOUR SITE WAS BUILT PRIOR TO 10/20/2015, PLEASE REACH OUT TO firstname.lastname@example.org FOR ASSISTANCE WITH UPDATING THE THEME ON YOUR STORE.
Add a New Budget
- Access the Settings page.
- Click into the Budgets section.
- Click the New Budget button.
- Click into the Setup section.
- Name - Enter a name for this budget such as Sales/Marketing/Managers for example.
- Code - Enter a unique code for this budget. This code cannot be changed once you save this budget. You will use this code in the user upload file (columns AQ-AU) when uploading a list of users that you want to assign to certain Buckets. You can assign up to 4 Buckets to each user in the upload, as well as the option to make Budgets optional for certain shoppers.
- Balance - Add any dollar amount to give this budget.
- Allow Negative - Toggle on if you want to allow the budget balance to go into the negative so that shoppers can place orders even if the budget has a negative budget.
- Notes - Enter an internal notes for this budget, which is only visible to Administrative users.
- Save - Click to submit changes.
Make a Budget Adjustment
This section allows you to add/subtract/clear the budget balance. Simply select your adjustment type then enter a value (unless you are clearing the budget) and save.
- Click into the Adjustment section.
- Select Add, Subtract or Clear from the drop-down
- Enter an amount (if add or subtract is selected).
- Enter a Note for Administrative users, which explains the reason for this adjustment.
- Save to submit changes.
Assign Users and/or Groups to Budgets
This option allows you to choose which Groups and Users can pull from the selected bucket.
- Click into the Assignment section.
- Assigned Users - Select user(s) from the drop-down. To find a specific user from a long list, start by typing the user name.
- Assigned Groups - Select a group(s) to assign to this budget. To find a specific group, start by typing the group name.
- Save - Click to Submit changes.
Check Budget Logs
The Log option will display a list of all transactions/adjustments for that bucket.
- Click into the Log section of Budgets.
- Click the Filters option to expand selection options. This report can be filtered by Date Created.
- Use the Search box to further filter results, by specific date such as item number, name, etc.
- Click Run Search to search on the filtered options.
- Click Make Default to save these filtering options for next time.
- Click Reset to clear all filtering options.
Export Budget Logs
Budget activity can be exported to a csv file, to use in a spreadsheet program.
- Click the Export button and wait for the notification "Budget Log export is ready".
- Click the bell icon to view all notifications.
- In the list of notification, the top one is the most recent. Click the notification that says "Budget Log export is ready".
- A csv file will be downloaded to your browser. Click the file from here or find it in your download folder.
Budget Example on Storefront
Here is an example of how a shopper will select their Budget bucket on checkout.
Checkout page Example
Once the shopper has entered their payment data and clicked continue, it will display the Budget Selection that the shopper will select to have their order pull from the desired Budget.
User Account Example
Shoppers can also login to their account in the store and click on their name to access the Account Dashboard where they can view the balance of the budgets assigned to that shopper.
Budget Credit Card Support
If you're using a payment gateway on your store and need to allow shoppers to still select a budget, you can activate the toggle for Budget Credit Card Support (1) under checkout options, then click Save (2) when finished. Keep in mind, by default, budget buckets and credit card payments don't normally mix nor is this something we standardly support. However, if you require, you can collect credit card payment and have shoppers choose a budget bucket.