Use this feature to enable the sales tax rate on a state-by-state basis. This feature will automatically pre-load zip code based tax information for the states you specify.
Enable The Add-On Feature
- Access the Features section.
- Click Add-Ons.
- Zip Code Sales Tax - Toggle to On. Click Approve if you agree to an additional monthly support fee. Click Close or Set Up Now to continue.
Configure Zip Code Sales Tax
- Access the Taxes section.
- Click Setup.
- Enable Tax - Toggle On.
- Tax Method - Click into the drop down menu and choose Zip Code Sales Tax.
- Match only first 5 of zip/postal code - When toggled on, only the first 5 digits of the zip code will be checked against the database. The zip code database only has 5 digit codes available and any additional numbers or letters are not recognized.
- Save - Click to save changes.
Select States to Tax
7. Click Zip Code Sales Tax.
8. Search the list for the states where you need sales tax charged, then toggle Active to the On position.
9. If you want to Tax the shipping amount toggle Tax Shipping to the On position.