This tutorial will walk you through the feature called “push orders.” Push Orders allows you to automatically or manually transmit order data to a third party system. This feature allows you to push orders to an API endpoint in our JSON format.
If you need to go over the steps to configure "Order Push" for ASI Smartbooks, please click here.
- Activate JSON Order Push
- Select Order Push Method
- Configure BrightSites JSON
- Push Order Information to your API URL
- Related Articles
Activate JSON Order Push
Start by activating the feature.
- Access the Features page.
- Click into the Add-Ons section.
- Toggle on the Order Push feature. Click Approve if you agree to an additional monthly support fee. Click Close or Set Up Now to continue.
Select Order Push Method
The Push Order settings are what you will configure in Bright Sites to manually or automatically submit order data (push) into a third party system.
- Access the Integrations page.
- Click into the Push Orders section.
- Click into the Setup section.
- Push Method - Select BrightSites JSON from the drop down.
- Failure notification E-mails - Input the email(s) that would need to be notified in the event if the order push fails.
- Automatically Push Orders - Activate this switch to have the order automatically push to your API URL after the order is placed (or Approved in the case of an MOAS order). Otherwise, the order can be pushed manually in the store administrative area (see below images).
- Save - Click to submit changes.
Configure BrightSites JSON
- Navigate to the BrightSites JSON section.
- API Version -
- API URL - Input the API URL, which refers to the endpoint where we need to push orders to.
- Orders will be pushed in the same JSON format as our API: https://docs.mybrightsites.com/#show-order
- Require Authentication (Recommended) - Activate if the endpoint is protected using basic http authentication (recommended), you would enter the username and password here.
- NOTE: For more information see: https://www.httpwatch.com/httpgallery/authentication.
- Username - Enter a username if Require Authentication is turned on.
- Password - Enter a password if Require Authentication is turned on.
- Save - Click to save your configuration.
Push Order Information to your API URL
Push and Re-Push can be done from the Order Summary Page.
- Push Order - Click to Push Order option on the individual order you wish to send.
- Re-Push Order - Click Re-Push Order to send the order again.
Push or Re-push can also be done from within an individual order.