This tutorial will guide you through setting up a Custom Report, which allows you to choose which information you need from orders placed in your store.
- Display Available Report Columns
- Add Columns to the Report
- Remove Columns from Report
- Report Filters
- Save Report Template
- Export Report
- Product Option Sort Order on Report
Display Available Report Columns
Column Headings will expand a large list of the different headers you can add to your report.
- Access the Reports section.
- Click the Custom Report option.
- Click the Column Headings option to display all available columns.
Add Columns to the Report
To add a new column header to your report, select and drag it to where you want it positioned in the report.
Remove Columns from Report
To remove a column header, while the list of headers is still expanded, select and drag the column you no longer need and move it into the list of headers. It will be placed back where it was in the list and won’t be part of the report anymore.
This option allows you to run the report by various filters available here.
- Click the Filters link to expand the available filtering options
- Choose from the following options:
- Date Placed
- Predefined Period
- Order Total
- Order Status
- Run Search - To select the filtered results.
- Make Default - To save the filter for next time.
- Reset - To clear filters.
Save Report Template
Once you have created the report and included the headers you need, you can save that report as a template which can be loaded up in the future.
- Click Save/Load Report Template.
- Save current template as - Enter name of template to be saved.
- Save - Click to submit changes.
This option will download a csv formatted file to your computer. You can then modify that document in any compatible spreadsheet software.
- Click the Export Report button and wait for the notification "Custom Report export is ready".
- Click the bell icon to view all notifications.
- In the list of notification, the top one is the most recent. Click the notification that says "Custom Report export is ready ".
- A csv file will be downloaded to your browser. Click the file from here or find it in your download folder.
Product Option Sort Order on Report
NOTE: The order "product options" appear in under the custom report is based on what information is input into the "name" field for that product option and uses the following criteria (in this order from #1-#3):
- Uppercase Letters
- Lowercase letters
So, for example, if your product options names were "Color", "Size" and "Logos" the order they would be in under the custom report would be "Color" information first, "Logos" information second, and "Size" information third. If "Logos" was input as "logos" for the product option name instead, then the order under the custom report would alternatively be: "Color", "Size", and then "logos."