This tutorial walks through the Store Options tab, which allows you to enable various features on the store, including:
- The Default Product Sort Order.
- Enabling the Wishlist, Request for Quote and Request for Samples Features.
- Showing or hiding the Login and Registration Links.
- Force E-Mail verification for self-registered users
Store Options Settings
- Access the Settings section.
- Click into the Store Options tab.
- Default Product Sort Order - Determines how products are sorted within a specific category by default.
- Note: This can be overridden for a specific category in the Category tab. See more custom sort order here.
- Custom Store ID - This is a value (alphanumeric characters) that allow you to assign a unique "ID" for a store. This is more used if you receive data via API as it allows the receiving system to use that "ID" to uniquely identify orders in a store.
- Enable Wishlist - When enabled, allows shoppers to 'save' an item to their wish list, and allow them to add the item to their cart for a future purchase. See more on this feature here.
- Enable Request for Quote and Request for Quote Emails - When enabled, the shopper can then request a quote for the items in their Wishlist. The request is sent to this emails address. See more on this feature here.
- Enable Request for Sample and Request for Sample Emails - When enabled, a shopper can request a sample on on the storefront so shoppers can enter their email address to discuss a sample. See more on this feature here.
- Hide Registration - With this "on", the registration link will be hidden on the store front.
- Hide Login - With this "on", the login link will be hidden on the store front.
- Allow Re-Ordering - This allows a user to re-order based on an previous order, accessible through their store front user account. By default, this toggle is activated in your store.
- Save - Click to save changes.
Force Email Verification for New Storefront Account
This toggle will default to ON for stores created on or after 2/10/2021 and if you turn this on in your store, you may need a theme update to ensure the proper verbiage on email notifications appears as intended. IF an account is not confirmed by the shopper in 7 days after it has been created, the account is automatically deleted from the store.
1. To activate this setting in your store, after logging into the store's admin area, access the Settings section.
2. Click into the Store Options tab.
3. Activate the toggle for Force E-Mail Verification for New Storefront Accounts.
4. Click Save.
When this is activated, any shopper registering on the storefront will be required to verify their email address before they can login. The below is an example of what they will see. Keep in mind, this is for storefront users who self register only and does not impact users created in a store's admin area without a password.
Re-Send Verification Email
1. If you need to re-send the verification email to a shopper, login to the store's admin area and expand Users & Groups, then click into Users.
2. Next, locate the account and click the "mail" icon to re-send the verification email. Keep in mind, the shopper will need to use the most recent email as the old link will be invalidated.