This article walks through selecting a template for the store, including a description of each template type.
- Select the Template for Your Store
- View the Template Library
- Preview a New Template
- Additional Template Options
- Related Articles
Select the Template for Your Store
- Access the Design page.
- Click into the Templates section.
- Each store starts with a default template.
- Click Browse and install template options to preview a new template.
View the Template Library
To view the available templates, click Browse and install template options (see #4 above).
- Click to highlight the template you want to install to your store.
- Click Install. Note: This will not publish the template to your store; it will only load it for preview and for you to make changes.
Below is a list of templates, with a brief explanation of how they appear on the store front.
- Classic - Includes centered homepage image, logo in line with account links, and 5 product thumbnails per row.
- Modern - Includes a smaller homepage image slideshow, logo area is above the left-hand navigation, and 4 product thumbnails per row.
- Stylistic - Includes full width homepage slideshow, centered logo above category navigation, larger product thumbnails, and 3 product thumbnails per row.
Preview a New Template
The "live" template is the one displayed on store front. All other templates can be used to make changes prior to making them live or just previewing the generic layout.
- The template that displays live is the published template.
- To preview a new template, click the drop-down option.
- Click Preview to see this template on the store (without making it live yet).
Additional Template Options
- Publish - Used to make an unpublished template live.
- Easy Designer - Click to custom the template
- Duplicate - Make a copy of the template. Sometimes used to modify a template for future use.
- Download - Download the template into a zip file on your computer. Sometimes used to copy a template from one store to another
- Delete - Permanently removes the template from the store. Deleted templates cannot be brought back.
To rename a template, click the current name of a template and it will turn into an editable field. Then make your changes and click out of the field to save them.