This article walks through selecting a template for the store, including a description of each template type.
- Select the Template for Your Store
- View the Template Library
- Preview a New Template
- Additional Template Options
- Related Articles
Select the Template for Your Store
- Access the Design page.
- Click into the Templates section.
- Each store starts with a default template.
- Click Browse and install template options to preview a new template.
View the Template Library
To view the available templates, click Browse and install template options (see #4 above).
- Click to highlight the template you want to preview.
- Click Install. Note: This will not publish the template to your store; it will only load it for preview.
Below is a list of templates, with a brief explanation of how they appear on the store front.
- Responsive (Default) - Category navigation is at the top and left justified
- Responsive Left - Category navigation is along along the left-hand side of the page
- Minimal Theme - Product images are larger. Categories are center justified.
- Blocks - Text Blocks at bottom of page and more text options available on home page Categories appear under a Catalog page, not on the home page
- Simple - A stripped down version of our other templates.
Preview a New Template
The "live" template is the one displayed on store front. All other templates can be used to make changes prior to making them live or just previewing the generic layout.
- The template that displays live is the published template.
- To preview a new template, click the drop-down option.
- Click Preview to see this template on the store (without making it live yet).
Additional Template Options
- Publish - Used to make an unpublished template live.
- Easy Designer - Click to custom the template
- Duplicate - Make a copy of the template. Sometimes used to modify a template for future use.
- Download - Download the template into a zip file on your computer. Sometimes used to copy a template from one store to another
- Delete - Permanently removes the template from the store. Deleted templates cannot be brought back.
To rename a template, click the current name of a template and it will turn into an editable field. Then make your changes and click out of the field to save them.