Categories are a way of grouping similar products together on the store front and can also be used with permissions to control what groups of users can see, or what logos can be applied to the items.
Add a Category
- Access the Products & Categories page.
- Click into the Categories section.
- Click the New Category button.
- Category Name - Enter the name of the category. This is the name that will appear on the store front.
- Assign Parent Category - If this is a sub-category, find the name of the main category that it falls under by selecting it from this drop-down box.
- Click to Create the new category.
- Category Arrows - Use the arrow icons to show/hide the subcategories.
- Subcategory Setup - Use the Assign/Reassign button to create or modify a subcategory assignment.
- Price Modifier - Adding an amount in this field will modify the price charged for all products within the category. The amount you enter here can be a positive or a negative number. If an item is in multiple categories, only the primary category price modifier will take effect.
- Banner Image - An image added here will be displayed at the top of the category page. Banner images can’t be added for subcategories. If you need to use an editor to modify these images, please see this tutorial.
- Product Sort - Sort products within the category (Use predefined sort options or “custom” to define the sort order).
- Active - Use this toggle to turn a category on or off , which determines if it shows on the store front.
- Delete Button - Click the red “x” to delete a category.
Product Sort Within a Category
This feature allows products to be sorted within a category. Products can be sorted using one of the
- Click Edit for the category of products to sort.
- Edit Product Sort - Select one of the following:
- Use store settings - When selected, will use the sort order defined in Store Options.
- Pre-defined Sort Options - Product will be sorted in the order select.
- Custom Sort - Allows the user to drag and drop products into the required order.
Custom Sort Example