This article show how to add a custom shipping rate tables based on weight or order total.
Enable Custom Rate Shipping
- Access the Shipping page.
- Click into the Custom Rates section.
- Toggle on the Enable custom shipping rate option.
Add a Custom Rate
- Select either Flat Rate to charge shipping based on the order total or Weight-based Rate to charge shipping based on the order weight.
- Click New Sub Option to add a new rate.
- Name - Enter the name of the rate.
- Friendly Name - This is the name the shopper will see on the checkout page.
- Price Modifier Type - Select $ to charge a flat rate dollar amount or % to charge shipping based on a percentage of the order total.
- Save - Click to submit changes.
Add a Shipping Rate Table
After the shipping method has been created, ranges and rates for that method will need to be added.
- Click the pencil (edit) button for the rate to be configured.
- Click into the Fields section.
- Click the New Field button.
- Order Total Start or Starting Weight - If Flat Rate was selected when adding the method, enter the Order Total Start amount for the rate. If Weight-Based was selected when adding the method enter the starting weight of the range for this rate. Click directly on the amount under in the columns to open an editable box. Once the amount has been entered, click outside the box to save it.
- Order Total End or Ending Weight - Enter the ending order total or ending weight for this range.
- Amount - Enter the amount to be charged for this shipping range.
- In the example above, Flat Rate was selected when adding this shipping method. The shopper will get free shipping on orders up to $100.00 and will pay $5.00 on orders from $100.01 to $200.00
- Save - Click to save changes.
- Duplicate steps 3-6 to add several ranges.