This tutorial will go over the Pages Builder that is available on your company stores. To access the Pages Builder, after logging into the store admin area, click Pages.
Next, you'll see some different options that can be configured:
- Rename an existing Page.
- Set a Home/Catalog Page type.
- Subpage Setup for existing Main Pages.
- Whether or not a Page is Active and additional settings to Edit, Duplicate, and Delete a Page.
- Option to Add Link To External Page.
- Option to create a New Page.
- Create New Page
- Pages Options
- Related Articles
Create New Page
To create a new page, click on the button New Page (1) and then input a name for the page (2) and either set it as (3) "Root" page (will appear as a Main page) OR, you can assign it to be a Subpage under an existing Main Page. Then click Save (4) and the system will create the new page.
Next, to add data into the created Page, click the edit (blue pencil icon) for the newly created Page.
You'll land on a blank screen with the following available tools:
- Text/Font Modifiers (Color, Format, and Size)
- Create a Table
- Upload an Image (If you need to use an editor to modify these images, please see this tutorial.)
- View/Add Source Code
You can use the tools above to add and format content for Pages that appear on the store. For example, on the below page, I have a message added with the font size increased and it's bolded and centered. Additionally, I have an image right below that which is also centered below the message.
Once you are finished adding all required content, click Save (1) and then click Publish (2) to add those changes to your storefront.
Here's an example of what my Page looks like with that content added when viewing it on the storefront:
To re-order pages, simply click and drag the page to be in the location you require and your changes are automatically saved. Main Pages with Subpages setup will be included if their corresponding Main Page is moved.
To setup Subpages, click on Assign for an existing Main page. Then, in the pop-up box appearing, select what Main (Root) Page this should be assigned under.
Add Link To External Page
Linking to an external page allows you to link out to other websites or even to other parts of your store. To add a link to another page, click Add Link To External Page. Next, configure the following settings:
- Name: This is the Name of the page that will appear in the Navigation Bar of your store.
- Assign Parent Page: You would use this if you needed to make this external page link a Subpage. Set the Main Page the link should be under if you require.
- Link URL: This is the URL of the page you're linking out to (e.g. https://blog.mydomain.com). If you are linking out to a page on the same store this is being setup under, we recommend using the "relative" version of your store's URL and not the full/absolute version (i.e. if linking to the "products" page on your store, use: "/products" and not "https://storesubdomain.mybrightsites.com/products")
- Target: The Target is what is specifies how this link will appear when its clicked on (either in a new tab or the same tab). The settings for "Open in Top Frame" and "Open in Parent Frame" do not apply to traditional company stores and only apply to stores with Procurement system integrations.
Once finished click Create (5) to add this new external page link.
Home/Catalog Page Types
These "page type" settings are controlled under the Pages area:
- Home: This page type setting controls what page your shoppers will land on when they click the "Home" button in the navigation bar. Keep in mind, if you have renamed your "Home" page to a different name, your shoppers may be clicking on a different page name but this setting controls what is the "Primary" landing page for the store. This setting ALSO controls where the Slideshow and Featured Products sections appear on your storefront.
- Catalog: In the Blocks Template only, this is used to list out all Main categories on the store, and allows you to add content to appear on this page.
*Note: If one Page is set as both the Home and Catalog page types, your storefront may not appear as intended.*
Home Page Example:
Catalog Page Example (Blocks Template ONLY):
SEO on a Page allows you to control information a search engine uses to display your Page in their results. To access this section, click "edit" (blue pencil icon) for an existing page. Then click into the SEO section and you will see the below settings:
- Custom Title: The Custom Title is what appears in the user's web browser tab and a search engine's results.
- Description: The Description refers to information that describes more about the Page. This information would appear in a search engine's results.
- Keywords: These are search terms that can bring up the page. These search terms refer to when users are searching for your store utilizing a search engine (Google, and Bing for example).
- Custom URL: The Custom URL of the page is what appears after the ".com" in the user's address bar (where a web address is typed - e.g. https://storesubdomain.mybrightsites.com/pages/contact-us) and will appear in a search engine's results.
Click Save (A) and Publish (B) to apply these changes to this page.