This tutorial will discuss using the Order Log to audit orders placed, or being placed in your store. This Order Log allows you to see a step-by-step process of a shopper adding items to their cart, proceeding to checkout, placing their order out, and adjustments made to the order after it has been placed. An example of where the Order Log would be helpful is if you need to see the "process" a shopper took when placing an order.
- Access Order Log
- Access Order Log for Specific Order
- Filter/Search Order Log
- Log Types
- Related Articles
Access Order Log
To access the Order Log on your store, click Settings (1) on the left-hand navigation, then scroll down and click into Order Log (2). To view a specific Log item, click on it with your cursor (3).
Access Order Log for Specific Order
To view the specific Logs for an individual order, you would do the following:
- Click into Orders on your store.
- Click the "edit" (pencil icon) for a specific order (not shown in screenshot).
- On the Order Details tab, you can click View Order Logs and a new tab will open showing you logs for that specific order only.
Filter/Search Order Log
You can filter your logs by the following options:
- Order Number (not Order ID)
- Type Filter (see examples in Log Types)
- Date (date for when log was added)
- You can use the Search box and input search terms.
- You can use Reset to reset your search/filtering.
- Make Default to make a search/filter defaulted.
- Run Search to run the search with your filters applied.
The 3 main types of Logs are:
- Cart - Items being added, removed, or modified in the cart.
- Checkout - What information the shopper is providing when checking out and additionally if any errors were encountered by the shopper, those will appear as well.
- Post Checkout - This is for actions AFTER the order has been placed out (email sending, shipping confirmation email, MOAS approval/denial, adjustments to orders, and cancelling order)
Within each main type of Log (1), there are sub-types (2) that you can filter for which include:
- Created - Cart has been created by the shopper (i.e. the shopper has clicked "add to cart" for an item)
- Cleared - Cart has been cleared by the shopper (i.e. the shopper has clicked "clear cart" on their shopping cart page)
- Item Added - Item added to cart. Will show what item was added (Name, SKU, Product ID, and Quantity)
- Item Updated - Item updated in cart. Will show what item was updated (Name, SKU, Product ID, and Quantity)
- Item Removed - Item removed from cart. Will show what item was removed (Name, SKU, Product ID, and Quantity)
- CDC - Shopper has responded to a custom data collection. Their responses will be shown once you click on the Log line.
- Shipping Address - The shipping address provided by the shopper and whether or not it failed shipping address validation (keep in mind, shipping address validation may not be activated under "checkout options" on your store)
- Billing Address - The billing address provided by the shopper when checking out.
- Available Shipping Methods - The available shipping methods at checkout for that shopper's order.
- Shipping Method - The shipping method the shopper selected when placing their order and how much the cost of shipping was at that time.
- Gift Certificate - IF a gift certificate is redeemed at checkout, this will show the code redeemed.
- Coupon - IF a coupon code is redeemed at checkout, this will show the code redeemed.
- Payment - What payment was selected by the shopper and the information they provided. If credit card is selected, and there's an error returned from your Payment Gateway, that error will appear in this log.
- Budget - IF Budgets are used on the store, the budget bucket selected by the shopper will show in this Log.
- Place Order - This is the step indicating that the shopper has placed their order out (by clicking "place order now").
Post Checkout Type
- Order Confirmation E-Mail - This shows that Order Confirmation E-Mail was sent and shows the shopper's email address.
- Order Confirmation SMS - This shows Order Confirmation SMS was sent and show the shopper's phone number. This will NOT appear if you're not using SMS notifications in your store.
- Shipping Confirmation E-Mail - This shows the Shipping Confirmation E-Mail was sent and show the shopper's email address.
- Shipping Confirmation SMS - This shows the Shipping Confirmation SMS was sent and will show the shopper's phone number. This will NOT appear if you're not using SMS notifications in your store.
- Shipment Confirmation E-Mail - This shows the the Shipment Confirmation E-Mail was sent and show the shopper's email address.
- Shipment Confirmation SMS - This shows the Shipment Confirmation SMS was sent and will show the shopper's phone number. This will NOT appear if you're not using SMS notifications in your store.
- MOAS Approved - This will show the MOAS approver email that approved the order, after you click to view the log details. Otherwise, if the order was approved/denied within the admin area, the username column will reflect what admin made that change.
- MOAS Denied - This will show the MOAS approver email that denied the order, after you click to view the log details. Otherwise, if the order was approved/denied within the admin area, the username column will reflect what admin made that change.
- MOAS Approval E-Mail - This shows that the MOAS email has been sent to the MOAS approvers setup.
- MOAS Approval SMS - This shows that the MOAS SMS message has been sent to the MOAS approvers setup. This will NOT appear if you're not using SMS notifications in your store.
- Order Push - If you are using Order Push, this will show the order was successfully pushed. Nothing will appear in Log Details, if the push is successful, and if it fails, the Log Details show the error generated.
- Order Canceled - If the order is canceled (by an Admin or via API), this will show what was adjusted for the order (e.g. it will show if inventory was put back, if the payment was refunded, show the status was changed, and will show the IP address)
- Shipments - If a shipment was added to the order (manually or via API), this will show what information was added for the shipment.
- Payment - This will show up if Payment is voided/refunded manually (but the order isn't canceled out)
- Order Modified - This will show what modifications were made to the order (status, tracking number added, address changes, note added, and additional order modifications)
- For Post Checkout: MOAS Approved and Post Checkout: MOAS Denied, the username column will be blank unless the order is approved/denied in the admin area. To see who approved/denied an order via email, click the log type then you will see the email address in Log Details.
- Logs are not retroactive and will only appear going forward after 05/26/2021.
- Logs are only kept for 45 days.
- The Order ID is what is created when a shopper adds an item to their cart, but this is NOT the same as the Order Number. The Order ID is what our system assigns automatically whereas the Order Number is only applied once the shopper has placed their order out.
- There is not a way to export this information from the system at this point in time.