This tutorial will walk you through activating the Shop as user feature in your store. This feature allows you to shop as a storefront user account and you can use this to place orders on behalf of your customer, or you can use this to simulate what the user will experience.
- Activate the Shop as User Feature
- How to Shop as User
- Shop as User Example
- Log out of Shop as User Feature
Activate the Shop as User Feature
You may need to first activate this feature.
- Access the Features section.
- Verify you are on the Features page.
- For the Shop As User option, toggle the Active button to on.
How to Shop as a User
Once activated, a button entitled Shop as User will appear for each user. This button will open a new tab where you will be logged in as that user.
- Access the Users & Groups section.
- Click into the Users page
- Click the Shop as User button for the user you want to shop as.
Shop as User Example
Once logged in, you can place an order as the user or click through to different pages to see what the user will see.
Log Out of Shop as User Feature
After you’re done shopping as that user account, select Log Out at the top. Make sure you do this in between each session when shopping as multiple different user accounts. If you don’t, your browser will cache information from the previous account you were shopping as and you will receive errors on the storefront.