This tutorial will guide you through enabling and setting up the Wishlist and Request a Quote features.
The Wishlist Feature allows shoppers to save items to their Wishlist which will remain on their user account, after which they can add the item to their cart for a future purchase. For example, the user is already going through the store and adding items to their cart for purchase now, with this Wishlist feature activated, the shopper is able to save items for purchase at a later date.
The Request a Quote feature allows a user request a quote for items in their Wishlist, which will send an email to the specified email address containing information about the items they’re requesting a quote for.
- Enable the Wishlist Feature
- Wishlist Example
- Enable the Request a Quote Feature
- Request a Quote Example
- Related Articles
Enable the Wishlist Feature
Start by enabling the feature.
- Access the Settings section.
- Click into the Store Options section.
- Enable Wishlist - enable to allow users to save items to a Wishlist in their user account.
- Save - To save changes.
With the Wishlist Feature enabled, a button appears on the product to Add to Wishlist.
This is what the actual Wishlist looks like after a user has added some items to it.
Here is how they can add the items from their Wishlist to the cart.
Enable the Request a Quote Feature
Once products have been added to the Wishlist, the user can request a Quote.
- Navigate to the Settings Page.
- Click into the Store Options tab.
- Enable Request for Quote - Enable to allow users to request a quote from the distributor. Note: Wishlist must be enabled for this option to appear.
- Request for Quote Emails - Emails entered here will receive the request from the user.
- Save - Click to save changes.
Request a Quote Example
Here is how the user can request a quote for items on their Wishlist.
The message "quote request submitted" will appear after "request quote" is clicked.
Here is what is emailed to the specified email address.