This tutorial will show you how to set up shared addresses for users in your store.
Shared Addresses is a feature which will allow your users to choose an address from a drop-down menu at checkout. This allows you to input multiple ship-to and bill-to addresses so the users don’t have to enter it at checkout each time and is especially helpful if multiple users have the same address. If permissions are activated for your store, you can even use this feature to hide addresses from certain groups.
- Access the Shared Addresses Page
- Add a New Shared Address
- Upload Multiple Shared Addresses
- Shared Address Permissions
- Sorting Shared Addresses
- Related Articles
Access the Shared Addresses Page
Start by accessing the Shared Addresses Page
- Access the Users & Groups section.
- Click into the Shared Addresses page
Add a New Shared Address
To start a new address, click the New Shared Address button.
Enter Information for the New Address
Fields marked with an asterisk are required for a shared address. All other fields can be completed by the shopper at checkout.
A few fields to be aware of:
- Nickname* - This is the name of the address that will appear in the drop-down box on the checkout page.
- Default - When turned to on, this address will automatically populated on shipping or billing address fields (in addition to being in the drop-down box)
- Shipping - When checked, this address will appear as an option in the Shipping Address section at checkout.
- Billing - When checked, this address will appear as an option in the Billing Address section at checkout.
Upload Multiple Shared Addresses
You can also upload a list of addresses with the address upload template available in the shared addresses section of the admin area. Once you download this template you will have a .csv file which can be filled out with the appropriate information for the addresses.
Generate a Shared Address Upload Template
- Click Upload Addresses
- Select Download Address Upload Template
Modify the Shared Address Upload Template
Open the template and input addresses. Fill out columns A, B, D-J. Column C is not required but you can input information like a suite number, office number, etc. in this field. Keep in mind, do not change the headers, delete them, or change the formatting of the file as this will cause an error when uploading it.
Upload the New Shared Addresses
Once you have completed the required fields, you can select Upload Addresses.
- Click the Update Addresses button.
- Drag and drop or click the box to select the modified file from your system.
- Click Upload to start the upload process.
Shared Address Permissions
Shared Address Permissions are used to hide certain addresses for select users at checkout. To start, click the pencil (edit) icon for the address you wish to configure. You must have Permissions activated in your store to use this functionality.
Configure the Permissions
- Click into the Permissions area
- Click one of the following:
- Show all groups except - To display this address to all groups except those checked.
- Hide all groups except - To hide this address from all groups except those checked.
- Select the group(s) that apply to this change.
- Select the Save button to submit the changes.
In the example above, it set up so that this address is configured to Show all groups except "Marketing", which means every user except the ones in the "Marketing" groups are able to use this address at checkout. You can also use Hide all groups except to set up the address where it’s not enabled for any group other than the ones you specify.
Store Front Example
Below is an example of how a Shared Addresses appear on the checkout page of the store front. Depending on the configuration, it will be available as a drop down in the shipping or billing section of checkout.
Sorting Shared Addresses
By default Shared Addresses are sorted where the oldest address is at the top and newest address is at the bottom of the list. However, you can change the sort order of the addresses in the Checkout Options page. Click here for an article on Checkout Options.