This tutorial will go over the functionality on bulk/mass editing existing product information in your store.
The bulk edit button under Products allows you to edit the following information for existing products:
|Product Name||Minimum Order Quantity||Tax Code|
|Active Status||Shipping Exempt||Length|
|Featured Product||Base Price||Height|
|Retail Price (MSRP)||Cost||Weight|
|Maximum Order Quantity||Setup Charge||Categories|
For example, if you needed to edit the Active Status of more than one product, rather than having to individually turn on/off the toggle, with this functionality, you can mass activate/deactivate multiple products.
- Filter Bulk Edit Products to be Displayed
- Add or Remove the Required Columns (data to be edited)
- Mass Edit Products
- More on Bulk Edit Options
- Edit Individual Products within Bulk Edit
- Notes for Bulk Edit
- Related Articles
Filter Bulk Edit Products to be Displayed
Use filters to display the product you want to edit. This will filter out a large number of products in your store and only show products that need to be edited (for example, if you need to only edit items under one category, you can search by that category name to narrow down the rows appearing).
- Access the Products & Categories page.
- Click into the Bulk Edit Products section.
- Click the Filters option to expand selection options. This report can be filtered by Active, Inactive, Featured, Products Missing Shipping Dimensions or All Products. You can also choose filter by Category, Date Created and Date Updated.
- Use the Search box to further filter results, by specific date such as item number, name, etc.
- Click Run Search to search on the filtered options.
- Click Make Default to save these filtering options for next time.
- Click Reset to clear all filtering options.
Add or Remove the Required Columns (data to be edited)
From here click Column Headings to add more columns to be edited. Product Name, SKU and Active are already added, by default. With that in mind, each admin user in your organization will see columns specific to their account. This means if you have two admins for example, Admin A can have different columns appearing than Admin B.
- To add a column to the display, click on the column header and drag it down into the display area, then drop it. When you release your click (dropping the column into that location), the column will be added and the product listing will update with that column’s information.
- To remove a column from the display, click on the column header and drag it up into the Column Heading area and release your click. The option will be removed from the product listing header and the columns will refresh.
Mass Edit Products
Check the products to edit and use the Mass Edit button to change the required columns. In the example below, the Base Price is being decreased by $1.00 for the checked products.
- Each product has a checkbox next to it, and when you check one or more rows a button for Mass Edit appears in the top right of the Bulk Edit window.
- After checking the boxes for products that need to be mass edited, click Mass Edit and the Mass Edit Products window appears allowing you to modify column information for all products currently checked.
- Make the required changes and click Save in the Mass Edit Products pop-up window.
- Click Save to apply the changes to the checked products on this page. This save the changes for this page of products.
- Click the next button at the bottom of the page to move onto the next page of products if applicable.
More on Bulk Edit Options
- For toggles, you will have the option to set them to True (Yes) and False (No).
- For columns with a numerical value (Base Price, Cost, Weight & Dimensions, etc.), you will be able to Set price, Increase/Decrease by a Fixed Amount, and Increase/Decrease by Percent. If you select any of the above options, a field will appear for you to input a numerical value. To decrease a value, enter a minus sign followed by the amount to be decreased by.
- Depending on the column, there may be a different way of modifying it. For example, with “Tax Code” you have the ability to either Set Value or Remove Value.
- Another example is the Categories column. You can either Set Categories, Add Categories, or Remove Categories.
Edit Individual Products within Bulk Edit
You can make individual changes within the product listing by clicking into editable text fields or turning on/off toggles.
- Use the toggle to turn a setting on or off.
- Click directly on a field, which will open an editable area. Click outside the box to proceed.
- Click Save to submit changes.
Notes for Bulk Edit
- Product name and SKU can’t be mass edited. While you can edit the information in the products listing, it's not possible to use the mass edit function available under Bulk edit to modify this information.
- If the products listing has more than 20 products, it will be broken into multiple pages (you can go to the next page by click on the page number or "" icon).
- If you have multiple pages of products in the Bulk Edit window, the changes you make will only affect the current page you’re viewing.
- If you don’t click save after making changes no updates will be applied to the products.