To see if this is covered in your store level, click here.
TIERED PRICING IS A POWERFUL FEATURE AND CANNOT BE DEACTIVATED ONCE TURNED ON!
This article will walk you through the steps to enable and set up Tiered Pricing in your Bright Sites store. Tiered Pricing allows you to setup multiple group based price levels for each item in your store.
- Enable Tiered Pricing
- Set Up Tiers
- Assign Tiers to Groups
- Set Tiered Pricing on Products
- Tiered Prices and Quantity Discounts
- Tiered Pricing Examples
- Related Articles
Enable Tiered Pricing
Enabling Tiered Pricing will do the following:
- Enables Tiered Pricing, which cannot be undone.
- Disables the Product Copy and Duplicate Product features.
- Disables the Catalog functionality and any catalogs assigned to the store.
- Disables the Organization Catalog feature.
** If you are sure you want to continue with enabling this feature, please contact our Support Team, stating that you have read this disclaimer and want the feature enabled. **
Set Up Tiers
Create pricing tiers, which will later be tied to groups.
- Access the Settings page.
- Click into the Tiered Pricing section.
- Click the New Tier button.
- Tier Name - Enter the tier name.
- Click Create to save the changes.
For example: Executives, Managers, and Sales Department.
Sorting Tiers - You can also sort the order that your Tiers appear in by clicking the line the tier appears in and dragging it up or down. See *** link here ** for more information on the tier sort order. (Assign Tiers to Groups).
Assign Tiers to Groups
Once the Pricing Tiers have been created, assign those Tiers to the desired User Groups.
- Access the Users & Groups page.
- Click into the Groups section.
- Group Name - Select or add the group name to assign the tier to.
- Tiered Pricing - Select the tier that is associated with this group.
- Save - Click to submit changes.
- If a user is assigned to multiple user groups, and one Group does NOT have tiered pricing, the group that DOES have tiered pricing will be the price displayed to that shopper
- If a user is part of more than 2+ groups with Tiered Pricing, then the sort order of the Tiers on your Tiered Pricing tab found under Settings will be used to determine which tier to assign to that user (starting from the top).
Set Tiered Pricing on Products
Set the tiered price for each product that requires a different price.
- Access the Products page and click the pencil (edit) icon for the product you want to configure.
- Click into the Tiered Pricing section.
- Click directly on the Base Price for one of the tiers and an editable box will be displayed. Enter the price for this tier. Click anywhere outside the box to save it. Do this for each tier.
- Click Save to submit your changes.
In this example, the Managers tier will pay $13.00, the Sales Department will pay $12.00 and the Executives will pay $20.00 for this product.
Tiered Prices and Quantity Discounts
You can also set tiered pricing for quantity discounts by clicking on the Quantity Discounts tab for the item. Here you will enter your Base Price which is the price that shoppers will pay by default if they are not assigned to a group that is assigned to tiered pricing. Then you will enter your quantity discount price for each tier.
- Access the Quantity Discounts page for the individual product.
- Enable and set up the Quantity Discount as usual (not pictured here).
- Click into the Quantity Discounts section.
- Click the New Quantity Discounts button.
- Click directly on the Quantity field to enter the first price break amount.
- Click directly on the price field under the Tier name to enter the price for that tier. This will open an editable box. Enter the price and click outside the box to save it.
- Save Changes - Click to submit the changes.
In this example:
- If a shopper orders 10 of this item and they are assigned to a group with Managers tier pricing, they would pay a base price of $11.00 per/item.
- If a shopper orders 10 of this item and they are assigned to a group with Sales Department tier pricing, they would pay a base price of $10.00 per/item.
- If a shopper orders 10 of this item and they are assigned to a group with Executive tier pricing, they would pay a base price of $18.00 per item.
- If a shopper orders 10 of this item and they are not assigned to a group with Tiered Pricing or they are proceeding as a guest, they would pay a base price of $15.00 per item.
Tiered Pricing Examples
Example: In this example, the shopper is logged in as a user that is assigned to the Manager group which has the Managers pricing tier assigned. This product's tiered price for the Manager group is $13.00 and the quantity discount for this tier is $11.00 for quantities over 10.
Example: In this example, the shopper is logged in as a user that is assigned to the Sales Department group which has the Sales Department pricing tier assigned. This product's tiered price for the Sales group is $12.00 and the quantity discount for this tier is $10.00 for quantities over 10.
Please note, a shopper MUST be logged in to their account that has a tiered pricing group associated with it. If they add items to their cart before they login, they will receive the "Public" group pricing, and not the discounted pricing associated with their group.