This tutorial will walk you through the options available under the General Shipping Options tab in the Shipping section of the store.
- Set Up a Shipping Base Rate
- Add a Custom Origin Address
- Set a Custom Origin Address
- Use Legacy Box Packing Algorithm
- Related Articles
Set Up a Shipping Base Rate
Use this feature to add a set value to each shipping rate presented to the user at checkout. This rate can be added into the shipping rate or can be displayed as a separate line item, such as a handling fee.
For example: If the shipping rate is $12.50 for an order and a value of "7.00" is set up here, the shipping would be a total of $19.50.
- Access the Shipping section.
- Click into the General Options tab.
- Shipping base rate - Toggle on to add an additional fee to the shipping estimate.
- Amount ($) - Enter the dollar amount for this fee.
- Show shipping base rate separately in storefront - Toggle on to show this fee as a separate line. When off, the fee will be added to the shipping estimate.
- Shipping base rate name - Enter the title that will be displayed to the shopper at checkout.
- Save- Click to save changes.
Add a Custom Origin Address
By default, the store will use the address setup under the Site Details section for the origin address for integrated shipping. However, if you require a custom origin address (i.e., the address entered under “site information” is your office address and you need to enter the warehouse address where all shipments will originate from), this can be configured under the general shipping options” tab.
This origin address will be used to calculate the cost for shipping orders in your store if you use real-time shipping rates.
Keep in mind - An origin address is required if you receive real-time shipping rates in your store, so you will need to either input a custom origin address in this section or under the Site details section of the store in the Site Information tab to ensure there is no issue with receiving real-time shipping rates from FedEx, UPS, or USPS.
To add a custom Origin Address, please see this tutorial.
Set a Custom Origin Address
Select the Origin Address you require and click Save. To add other Origin Addresses to this list, please see this tutorial.
Use Legacy Box Packing Algorithm
For more information on this setting specifically, please see this tutorial.