This tutorial will show you how to setup the FedEx integrated shipping feature to calculate live shipping rate estimates at checkout.
- Set Up an Account with FedEx
- Enter the Account Information into the Shipping Setup
- Add Weights and Dimensions to Products
- Related Articles
Set Up an Account with FedEx
In order to calculate shipping rates through FedEx you need to setup a FedEx account if you do not already have one by visiting http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/web-services/index.html.
Enter the Account Information into the Shipping Setup
Add the FedEx credentials to the Shipping configuration.
- Access the Shipping page, then click into the FedEx section.
- Click to Enable FedEx Shipping.
- Enter your FedEx Key, Password, Account Number and Meter Number.
- Note: The FedEx account will need to be set up through the link below:
- If you have any questions about setting this account up, or general questions about the FedEx account, please reach out to their support team available through: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 877.339.2774
- Negotiated Rates: If your FedEx account receives negotiated/discounted rates, you can enable this toggle. Otherwise, disabling this will result in your store showing published/list rates at checkout.
- Modify Rate: You can modify your shipping rates by selecting the + sign to increase your rates, or the - sign to decrease your rates. Enter your discount amount and select the increase/decrease to be a percent or dollar format.
- Ship Methods: Select your desired FedEx shipping methods and click
- Save Changes.
Add Weights and Dimensions to Products
When using integrated rates, all products must have a shipping weight and dimensions entered.
- Access the Product page and click the pencil (edit) icon for the product you want to modify.
- Click into the Setup section.
- Click into the Shipping tab.
- Enter the Shipping Weight and Shipping Dimensions for this product.
- Shipping Modifier - This is an options field and will add a shipping amount each time this product is ordered.
- If required, set the Custom Origin Address for the item, or keep this set as Default Shipping Origin Address.
- Click to Save changes.