This tutorial will show you how to setup the UPS integrated shipping feature to calculate live shipping rate estimates at checkout.
- Set Up an Account with UPS
- Enter the Account Information into the Shipping Setup
- Add Weights and Dimensions to Products
- Related Articles
Set Up an Account with UPS
To setup an account with UPS please visit https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US and click the option under "How to Get Started."
Enter the Account Information into the Shipping Setup
Add the UPS credentials to the Shipping configuration.
- Access the Shipping page, next click into the UPS section.
- Click to Enable UPS Shipping.
- Enter your UPS access key, UPS user ID, and password.
- Negotiated Rates: Click to enable if you are using a UPS account that receives negotiated rates and want to charge your rates vs UPS published rates. Negotiated Rates are your contract rates established with UPS and your UPS Account Representative.
In order to display negotiated rates on the checkout page, you may need to work with UPS to confirm that your user ID and shipper number are qualified to receive these discounted rates on your UPS account which can be done with the UPS Support team, click here to email them. Shipper Number: Enter your negotiated rates account shipper number if enabling "negotiated rates".
- Modify Rate: You can modify your shipping rates by selecting the + sign to increase your rates, or the - sign to decrease your rates. Enter your discount amount and select the increase/decrease to be a percent or dollar format.
- Ship Methods: Select your desired UPS shipping methods.
- Click Save when finished.
Add Weights and Dimensions to Products
When using integrated rates, all products must have a shipping weight and dimensions entered.
- Access the Product page and click the pencil (edit) icon for the product you want to modify.
- Click into the Setup section.
- Click into the Shipping tab.
- Enter the Shipping Weight and Shipping Dimensions for this product.
- Shipping Modifier - This is an options field and will add a shipping amount each time this product is ordered.
- If required, set the Custom Origin Address for the item, or keep this set as Default Shipping Origin Address.
- Click to Save changes.