Custom payment methods are a way of collecting specific information from shoppers as a means of payment. An example could be the employee ID, department name or a PO number.
DO NOT use this as a means of collecting credit card information. You have to set up a payment gateway account to collect credit card payments.
Enable Custom Payment Methods
- Access the Payments section.
- Click into the Custom Payment tab.
- Enable Custom Payment - Toggle on.
- Click Add Payment Method .
Add a Custom Payment Method
- Name - Enter the name here that will appear in admin area.
- Friendly Name - Enter the name that will appear to shoppers on the storefront.
- Payment Method Hint - Enter the hint or instructions for the shopper.
- Click Create to save changes.
- Enabled - Toggle this to off to turn off this option.
- Require Input - Toggle this to on to make this field required.
- Friendly Name - Click into the name fields to edit the contents. Changes are saved when you click out of the field.