This tutorial will guide you through setting up the Stripe Payment Gateway for your store.
If you utilize IP address white-listing in your payment gateway account, please refer here: https://docs.spreedly.com/reference/ip-addresses
- Obtain Secret Key
- Activate Credit Card Gateways
- Select Stripe as the Credit Card Gateway
- Configure Stripe Settings
- Related Articles
Obtain Secret Key from Stripe
To begin this setup, you will need the Secret Key to configure the gateway in the Bright Sites store. These credentials are obtained from Stripe and you will need to work with their team if you need assistance getting this information. https://stripe.com
Activate Credit Card Gateways
- Access the Features section.
- Click into the Add-Ons section.
- For the Credit Card Gateways option, toggle the Active button to on.
Select Stripe as the Credit Card Gateway
- Access the Payments section.
- Click into the Payment Gateway section.
- Click into the Setup section.
- Enable Payment Gateway - Toggle to on.
- Select Payment Gateway - Select Stripe from the drop-down.
- Click to Save.
Configure Stripe Settings
- Click into the Stripe section.
- Secret Key - You can find your live secret key in your Stripe account settings. You will need to login to your account if you haven't already.
- There are also two types of live keys: secret and publishable keys.
- Live Publishable API keys are meant solely to identify your account with Stripe, and wouldn't be required in Bright Sites to configure the gateway.
- Live Secret API keys should never be published, and must be kept confidentially on your own servers. This is what NEEDS to be entered in Bright Sites so you can successfully process payments with a credit card.
- Custom Currency Code - If you need to send transactions to the gateway in a different currency, you would activate this toggle and select which currency code transactions will be sent in. KEEP IN MIND this DOES NOT convert the currency but instead says that the transaction is (for example) in CAD instead of USD.
- Authorize Funds Only - You would activate this if you want the transactions authorized, but not captured and settled automatically. With this activated, you would need to “capture” the payment within the order in Bright Sites, or within your payment gateway provider.
- Use CV2/CVV2 code - This will determine whether or not the field for security code (the 3 or 4 digit code on the back of a card) is required to be input at checkout.
- Save changes.