This article will walk you through the steps to integrate your Bright Sites company store with ShipStation to create and print shipping labels, packing slips, ship using your preferred carrier, and send tracking information back to Bright Sites.
- Activate the ShipStation Feature
- Configure the ShipStation Settings in the Store
- Connect ShipStation to the Bright Sites Store
- ShipStation Order Import Errors
- Notes about ShipStation
- Related Articles
Activate the ShipStation Feature
- Access the Features section.
- Click into the Add-Ons section.
- For the Ship Station option, toggle the Active button to on. Click Approve if you agree to an additional monthly support fee. Click Close or Set Up Now to continue.
Configure the ShipStation Settings in the Store
- Access the Integration page.
- Click into the ShipStation section.
- Make note of the URL, Username and Password as you will need to add these 3 pieces of data to your ShipStation account.
- Automatically send shipping notification e-mail - Automatically send a shipping confirmation e-mail to the shopper with the data provided by Ship Station.
- Import Cancelled Orders - Will send cancelled orders to ShipStations. See more about cancelled orders here.
- Click to Save changes.
NOTE: Please keep in mind that fields containing a large amount of characters or information may break the ShipStation integration (e.g. item name, SKU, etc, etc)
Connect ShipStation to the Bright Sites Store
If you already have a ShipStation account you can login by visiting https://shipstation.com. Otherwise you will need to create a new account.
1. Once you login to ShipStation you will be directed to the Welcome page. First, you will need to tie your Bright Sites store to your ShipStation account by clicking the option that says "Connect a Channel".
2. On the next page you need to select a selling channel by browsing through the list of channel options and select "Custom Store".
3. You should now see a "Connect your custom store" window where you will need to complete 3 steps to successfully configure ShipStation to your Bright Sites store.
STEP 1: Create an XML web page that ShipStation can communicate with. This is created in Bright Sites by default when you enable the ShipStation feature, so there is nothing you need to do here.
STEP 2: Enter the URL to the Custom XML Page, the Username, and the Password. HINT: This is the information you gathered in step 5 above.
STEP 3: Map your Custom Store's Order Statuses to ShipStation by placing them in the relevant fields below. Separate multiple statuses with a comma.
To map your order statuses to ShipStation, simply enter the Order Statuses available from Bright Sites into the fields provided. The below screenshot shows our recommendations for this step. Keep in mind that if you don't include an order status in this configuration or it's improperly set up, orders will not be imported in ShipStation with that corresponding order status.
The available Order Statuses in Bright Sites are as follows: New, Billed, Paid, In Progress, Shipped, Completed, Back Ordered, Canceled, MOAS Pending.
ShipStation Order Import Errors
With that deactivated, then our system will ignore orders that have a status of "Canceled" assigned to the order and not send that data to ShipStation which should resolve the import errors on their end.
This would be the best way to ensure you can "skip"/"bypass" an order that is failing for ShipStation.
Notes about ShipStation
- We recommend disabling the toggle for "Import Cancelled Orders" if an order is failing to import. ShipStation has limitations on the amount of characters they can accept for certain fields and using this toggle will help skip that order.
- If your ShipStation integration is pulling in orders, but you're not seeing older orders before a certain date, you will need to reach out to ShipStation support on this. They only request the past day of orders and if you setup ShipStation on a store that has been taking orders for some time, you may need to work with ShipStation support to have them manually request orders for a larger date period.
- We do not have the ability to edit order data on a failing order, we recommend using the "Import Cancelled Orders" toggle to skip orders with the status of "Cancelled."