This tutorial will show you how to use the Inventory Logs report to pull in and sort information based on the inventory levels of products in your store. This report can help you keep track of any changes made to the inventory levels and allows you to search within a specific time period so you can isolate any adjustments, sold amounts, returned amounts, or initial inventory amounts for products in your store.
- Filter Inventory Logs Report Results
- Export Inventory Logs Report
- Inventory Logs Report Columns
- Related Articles
Filter Inventory Logs Report Results
- Access the Reports page.
- Click into the Inventory Logs section.
- Click the Filters option to expand selection options. This report can be filtered by Date Placed and the following:
- Initial: The amount first added to the product
- Adjustment: If inventory units have been ADDED or SUBTRACTED.
- Sold: If a certain inventory level has been sold on an order.
- Returned: If an order was cancelled or denied via MOAS in Bright Sites, products that are put back into inventory, and noted as “returned” on this report.
- Use the Search box to further filter results, by specific item number, product name, etc. Keep in mind that if a product doesn’t have any inventory units imported for it, it will not appear here, and if you delete an inventory line item for a product, that information will no longer show in this report as well.
- Click Run Search to search on the filtered options.
- Click Make Default to save these filtering options for next time.
- Click Reset to clear all filtering options.
Export Inventory Logs Report
- Click the Export Report button and wait for the notification "Inventory Logs Report export is ready".
- Click the bell icon to view all notifications.
- In the list of notification, the top one is the most recent. Click the notification that says "Inventory Logs Report export is ready".
- A csv file will be downloaded to your browser. Click the file from here or find it in your download folder.
Inventory Logs Report Columns
The column included in the report are:
- Log ID - An ID number for this transaction, assigned by the system.
- Date - The date the transaction took place.
- Item # - SKU assigned to the product.
- Internal ID - Internal ID assigned to the product.
- Product Name - Name of the product as it appears on the storefront.
- Size - Name of the size sold, when size is assigned to an option type of "size".
- Color - Name of the color sold, when color is designated as an option type of "color".
- Product Options - Name of the product options sold, when product option is designated as an option type of "general".
- Type - Refers to whether it was units sold, initially imported, adjusted, or returned)
- Order ID - Order Number if inventory was decreased because of an order.
- Username - The username of the person who ordered the goods, or made a change to inventory unit level.
- Starting Amount - Amount prior to being sold or adjusted.
- Adjustment - Amount of adjustment by Admin user or API transaction.
- Sold - Number of units sold if inventory was decreased due to an order.
- Ending Amount - Ending inventory amount for this transaction, after units sold, imported, adjusted or returned.