This article goes through the basics of adding a product to your store. For additional articles and videos on product features, click here.
- Create the Product
- Required Fields
- Optional Fields
- Additional Options
- Related Products
- Quantity Discounts
- Related Articles
Create the Product
- Access the Products & Categories page.
- Click into the Products section.
- Click the New Product button.
Required Fields (those with an asterisk)
- Product Name - This is how the product name will appear on the store front.
- SKU - This is the SKU of the product.
- Base Price($) - This is the price that will be charged for this product.
Optional Fields - These optional fields can be added later.
- Active Product - Allows the product to appear on the store front.
- Featured Product - Product is displayed on the home page.
- Tax Exempt - Not taken into account when calculating taxes when using custom and zip code sales tax.
- Shipping Exempt - Product is not taken into account when calculating shipping costs.
- Retail Price - The suggested retail price of the item.
- Cost - The price you paid for the item.
- Setup Charge - The set-up fee for this product. Will only be charged once, no matter the quantity.
- Minimum Order Quantity - The minimum number of products a user must select. This does not prevent them from coming back and ordering more than 1 minimum.
- Maximum Order Quantity - The maximum number of products a user can select. This does not prevent them from placing another order for the same maximum.
- SKU Separator - The symbol that is entered between the main and sub-skus for reporting purposes.
- Product Description (tab at top)- Use the text field in this tab to displayed information about the product on the store front.
- Categories & Vendors (tab at top)- Use field tab to assign a category or categories this product will appear in on the store front. The category that is highlighted with a red star is the “primary category” for the item. Also use this tab to add the vendor that supplies this product.
- Shipping (tab at top) - Enter the product dimensions, as shipping, used for Custom Shipping based on weight and Integrated Shipping methods. Click here for more information on how real-time rates are calculated.
- Product SEO (tab at top)- If you're using SEO on your store for Pages, you can use similar settings to configure this for products. SEO controls how search engines rank results in their lists of results returned for specific searches.
** Please note: Once you save the changes on the first tab, additional tabs for images, product options, and more will appear.
Once you save the changes on the first tab, additional tabs will appear. See details below for each section.
- Images - This section allows for the addition of images to the products. Click here for more information on images.
- Product Options - Use this section to add product options, such as size and color. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Product Personalization - Use this feature to configure fields that the shopper can use to add personalized text to a product. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Personalization Quick Fill - This feature allows the user to select from pre-set personalization to complete the personalization fields. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Related Products - When enabled, related products display suggested products to the shopper based on this product. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Quantity Discounts - Quantity Discounts allow for the addition of price breaks based on quantities selected. Click here for more information on quantity discounts.
- Inventory - Use this section to enable and add/modify inventory and product-specific settings for this product. Click here for more information on adding inventory units to the product.
- Logo Locations - Logo locations allow the user to select the location of the logo on their product. Click here for more information on Logo Locations.
- Virtual Logo or Virtual Sample - The virtual logo setup allow for hot-spotting of logos, meaning a shopper can see the logo they select, virtually on the product. Click here for more information on Virtual Logos. This section will be Virtual Samples if this feature is enabled. Click here for more information on Virtual Samples.
For images, we support jpg/jpeg or png file formats). If you need to use an editor to modify these images, please see this tutorial.
- Click into the Images section.
- Click the Upload Images button.
- Drag and Drop or click to select the image file from your computer.
- Click the Save button to save this image.
- Click the Save button to update the product.
Related Products appear at the bottom of the products page and provide a way of suggesting items to the shopper.
- Click into the Related Product page.
- Toggle Enable Related Products on.
- Auto related products - Check this option to have the system suggest the items to be displayed.
- Custom related products - Check this option to manually choose the products that will be displayed.
- Search/Add Products - This drop down is used to select products to be displayed when Custom Related Products (#4) is checked.
- Click Save to submit changes.
Quantity Discounts allow for the addition of price breaks based on quantities selected.
- Access the Quantity Discounts section.
- Enable the Quantity Discounts feature.
- Click the pencil (edit) icon for the quantity discount.
- Click into the Quantity Discounts section.
- Click to Add Quantity Discounts.
- Quantity - Enter the number of units for the first price break. Click directly on the field to open an editable box and click outside the field to save it.
- Base Price or Percentage Discount (depending on initial setup) - Enter the Base Price or the Percentage Discount when the quantity entered into the Quantity field is reached. In this example, when a shopper selects 12 units, their price drops to $10 per unit.
- * repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 to enter all price breaks.
- Save Changes - Click to submit changes to this quantity discount.
- Save - Click to submit changes to this product.