This article walks through adding a User Group. Groups are used to organize users and work in conjunction with the Permissions Management, MOAS Approval and Passcode features.
Add a New Group
- Access the Users & Groups page.
- Click into the Groups section.
- Click the New Group button.
- Click into the Group section.
- Group Name - Enter the name of the group. This will only be visible to Admin users.
- Active - The group status toggle only controls the status of the actual group and does not impact the ability to use that specific group. Note, a user in an inactive group can't see pages, categories, payment methods, or shipping methods. However, if an item is not under a category, the user can search for and add the item to their cart but not checkout.
- Passcode Active and Passcode - These fields will be displayed if the Passcode feature is enabled. This allows users to be assigned to a specific user group when they self-register for an account. For more information on the Passcode feature, click here.
- MOAS Activation Amount and Approval Email - These fields will be displayed if the MOAS feature is enabled. MOAS is a feature that requires Manager Approval for all or specified orders that come through the store. For more information on the MOAS feature, click here.
- Permissions - Permissions Management determines the pages, categories, payment methods and shipping methods a group has access to. For more information on Permissions Management, click here.
- Save - Click to submit changes.
Groups Summary Display
- Group Name - The name of the group. For Admin use only and will not be displayed on the store front.
- Passcode - Displays the passcode for the group, if this feature is enabled.
- Number of Users - The number of users assigned to the group.
- Created - The date the group was created.
- Last Activity - The date the group was last edited.
- Passcode Active - Shows if the Passcode feature has been enabled for this group.
- Active - Shows if the group is active or inactive.
- Pencil/Edit Icon - Click this button to edit the group details.
- View Users - Displays the number of users in the group.
- Trash Can Icon - Click to delete the group.