This tutorial will guide you through setting up the PayPal Website Payments Pro Gateway available from PayPal for your store.
If you utilize IP address white-listing in your payment gateway account, please refer here: https://docs.spreedly.com/reference/ip-addresses
- Obtain API Login and Transaction Key
- Activate Credit Card Gateways
- Select PayPal Website Payments Pro as the Credit Card Gateway
- Configure PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings
- Related Articles
Obtain API Login and Transaction Key
To begin this setup, you will need the API Login, API Password and API Signature to configure the gateway in the Bright Sites store. These credentials are obtained from PayPal and you will need to work with their team if you need assistance getting this information.
Activate Payment Gateways
- Access the Features section.
- Click into the Add-Ons section.
- For the Payment Gateways option, toggle the Active button to on.
Select PayPal Website Payments Pro as the Credit Card Gateway
- Access the Payments section.
- Click into the Payment Gateway section.
- Click into the Setup section.
- Enable Payment Gateway - Toggle to on.
- Select Payment Gateway - Select PayPal Website Payments Pro from the drop-down.
- Click to Save.
Configure PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings
- Click into the PayPal Website Payments Pro section.
- API Login - This is the API login key from PayPal Website Payments Pro. Generally this consists of just random numbers and letters.
- Transaction Key - This is the key from PayPal Website Payments Pro and generated on their end. This is a secure value and we do not expose this information in plain text in Bright Sites.
- API Signature - This is a required field, provided by PayPal Website Payments Pro.
- Authorize Funds Only - You would activate this if you want the transactions authorized, but not captured and settled automatically. With this activated, you would need to “capture” the payment within the order in Bright Sites, or within your payment gateway provider. If you are using this setting and change your credentials AFTER the transaction has been authorized, capturing the funds may fail.
- If you need assistance with getting this information, please contact PayPal support.
- Use CV2/CVV2 code - This will determine whether or not the field for security code (the 3 or 4 digit code on the back of a card) is required to be input at checkout.
- Save changes.