This article will discuss how to create and delete shipments for items in an order.
Order Shipments allow you to add shipping information for specific items if only part of the order is being shipped. This allows you to assign a unique tracking number, ship date, ship method, and custom note for a portion of the order.
Creating a shipment allows you to send a portion of what was ordered by the shopper if the entire quantity isn’t available yet. The shopper can even view shipments on one order by logging into their account on the storefront.
- Select the Products for the Shipment
- Create a Shipment
- Resend Shipping Confirmation or Delete Shipment
- Shipping Confirmation Example
- Tips & Tricks with Shipments
Select the Products for the Shipment
- Access the Orders page and click the pencil (edit) icon (not pictured here) for the order for which you want to create a shipment.
- Click into the Shipments section of that order.
- Select the products for the shipment by clicking the top check box to select all products or click the lower check boxes to select individual products.
- Click New Shipment.
Create a Shipment
- Quantity - Modify the quantity being shipped.
- Tracking Number - Assign a tracking number.
- Ship Method - Change the ship method for the shipment.
- Ship Date - Input a ship date.
- Note - Input a custom note which will appear on the shipping confirmation email.
- Send Shipping Confirmation - The Shipping confirmation will be sent upon hitting Save.
- Save changes.
Resend Shipping Confirmation or Delete Shipment
Once the shipment has been created, it will appear at the bottom of the under the Shipments order tab.
- Send/Resend Shipping Confirmation - Allows you to send or resend the Shipping Confirmation for this shipment only.
- Trash Can Icon - Click to delete the shipment, if needed. Note, there’s not a way to modify an existing shipment, you must delete it and re-create it if changes are required.
- Save - Submit changes for this shipment.
Shipping Confirmation Example
Lastly, this is what the email will look like when generated by the system.
Tips & Tricks with Shipments
When you create a shipment, this information does not appear in the “Shipping Details” shipment information fields under order details.
- You do not need to change the status of the order. This is automatically handled when creating shipments. For example, if a shipment is created with only part of the order, the status is changed automatically to "In Progress." If shipments are created for all quantities ordered, then the status is automatically changed to "Shipped."
- You can have multiple shipments on 1 order.
- You CANNOT use Order Shipments to “cancel” specific items from an order.
- You may need a theme update if your shipping confirmation email doesn’t reflect the example screenshot in this guide.