This article walks through adding a new user to the store, manually. When loading multiple users at once, consider using the Upload New Users feature instead.
- Add a New User
- Assign User to a Group
- Add an Address for the User
- Additional User Features
- User Page Functions
- Filter Users
- Export Users
- Related Articles
Add a New User
- Access the Users & Groups page.
- Click into the Users section.
- Click the New User button.
In the User Info section, you'll see the the following user fields that you can setup. The fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- First Name * - Enter first name of this user.
- Last Name * - Enter last name of this user.
- Username * - Enter a unique identifier for this user. Usernames must be unique and are not case sensitive when used to login.
- E-Mail * - Enter a unique email address for this user.
- Password and Confirm Password - Passwords must be a minimum of 7 characters long, and contain at least 1 number and 1 letter. This field is not required but see important notes, below.
- If the user is added with a password, they may or may not receive a Welcome Email, depending on the Send Welcome E-mails setting in the Notification Options page.
- If the user is added without a password, they may or may not receive a User Confirmation Email, depending on the setting for Don't send account confirmation email for users without a password :
- When toggled off - If the user is added without a password, they will immediately receive a User Confirmation Email asking them to confirm their account and set up a password.
- When toggled on - If the user is added without a password, they will not receive a User Confirmation Email unless you send this, after the fact, in the user list. See User Page Functions for more information on manually sending Confirmation Emails after a user has been added.
- Phone - Enter a phone number for this user.
- Company - Enter the company name for this user.
- Title - Enter this user's title.
- Time zone - This lets you set a user's Time zone for where they're located. Then the time-stamp on their order emails will reflect based on this setting.
- Active - When toggled off, this user cannot login.
- Confirmed - A user is automatically confirmed if they are entered with a password. Users entered with no password will receive a Confirmation Email that allows them to set up a password, which also confirms their account. Admin users can manually confirm an account by toggling this setting on.
- Save - Click to submit changes.
Assign User to a Group
- Access the Groups tab.
- Select the Groups drop-down to assign this user to a group.
- The Admin, Pages, Categories, Payment Methods, Shipping Methods and Custom Data Collection (CDC) tabs show the permissions for the group(s) the user is assigned to. No changes to permissions are made here but rather in Permissions Management for the whole group. Click here for more information on Permissions Management.
- Save - Click to submit changes.
Add an Address for the User
User-specific addresses can be configured to auto-populate the shipping and/or billing address fields on the checkout page. If several users have a common address (such as an office address), consider using Shared Addresses.
- Access the Address Book tab.
- Click the New Address button.
- Add address fields (not pictured here).
- Default Billing - Toggle on to make this the address that auto-populates the billing fields on the checkout page.
- Default Shipping - Toggle on to make this the address that auto-populates the shipping fields on the checkout page.
- Pencil (edit) Icon - Click here to make changes to the address.
- Trashcan Icon - Click here to delete the address.
- Save - Click to submit these changes.
Additional User Features
- Account Balance - This feature allows Admin users to view, add, modify or remove funds from a user's account. Click here for more information on the Account Balance feature.
- Budget - Budgets allow users and groups to be assigned budgets to use for increased spending control. Click here for more information on User/Group Budgets.
- MOAS - This feature allows a manager to approve or deny an order prior to it being fulfilled. Click here for more information on MOAS for Order Approvals.
- Notes - Use this section to enter notes about this user.
User Page Functions
- Column Headings - Click this link to expose additional user columns. Drag and drop these column headings to the user display below.
- Upload New Users - This feature allows for uploading multiple users at one time. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Update Existing Users - This feature allows for updating multiple existing users at one time. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Pencil/Edit Icon - Click this icon to edit an individual user.
- Confirmation Email Checkbox (one checkmark) - One checkmark means a Confirmation Email has not yet been sent. Click to send the first email to this unconfirmed user.
- Confirmation Email Checkbox (two checkmark) - Two checkmarks means a Confirmation Email has already been sent to this unconfirmed user. Click to resend a Confirmation Email.
- Shop as User - This allows an Admin user to access the storefront as that user, which is usually used to troubleshoot shopping issues. This feature must first be enabled in order to see the icon. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Trashcan Icon - Click here to delete a user. Deleted users cannot be restored.
- Checkbox - Use the checkbox option to select multiple users.
- Send Confirmation Email - This option appears after multiple users have been selected. Use this feature to send/resend Confirmation Emails to unconfirmed users.
Use the Filter option to narrow down the users displayed and/or exported.
- Click the Filters option to expand selection options. Users can be Active Status, Unconfirmed, and Group.
- Use the Search box to further filter results, by specific data such Name, Username or Email Address.
- Click Run Search to search on the filtered options.
- Click Make Default to save these filtering options for next time.
- Click Reset to clear all filtering options.
Once users are filtered, that subset of users can be exported to a spreadsheet (or clear filters to export all users).
- Click the Update Existing Users button and then the Generate User List button and wait for the notification "User Export for update is ready".
- Click the bell icon to view all notifications.
- In the list of notification, the top one is the most recent. Click the notification that says "User export for update is ready".
- A csv file will be downloaded to your browser. Click the file from here or find it in your download folder.