This tutorial will guide you through setting up the Square Payment Gateway for your store.
- Activate Credit Card Gateways
- Select Square as the Credit Card Gateway
- Configure Square Settings
- Related Articles
Activate Credit Card Gateways
- Access the Features section.
- Click into the Add-Ons section.
- For the Credit Card Gateways option, toggle the Active button to on.
Select Square as the Credit Card Gateway
- Access the Payments section.
- Click into the Payment Gateway section.
- Click into the Setup section.
- Enable Payment Gateway - Toggle to on.
- Select Payment Gateway - Select Square from the drop-down.
- Click to Save.
Configure Square Settings
- Click into the Square section.
- Application ID, Access Token and Location ID - These values are provided by Square and are specific to your Square account. For assistance with these values, contact Square Support.
- Custom Currency Code - If you need to send transactions to the gateway in a different currency, you would activate this toggle and select which currency code transactions will be sent in. KEEP IN MIND this DOES NOT convert the currency but instead says that the transaction is (for example) in CAD instead of USD.
- Authorize Funds Only - You would activate this if you want the transactions authorized, but not captured and settled automatically. With this activated, you would need to “capture” the payment within the order in Bright Sites, or within your payment gateway provider. If you are using this setting and change your credentials AFTER the transaction has been authorized, capturing the funds may fail.
- Save changes.